Mekong Homestay – 2 days
Leaving the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City right from the early morning, you will have chance to enjoy the peaceful life of Mekong delta in our two-day tour at the Mekong. Cai Be will welcome you and offer you a chance to stay with locals and join their daily activities. During the two days, you will do the gardening with local host, such as plucking the fruits, taking care for the orchards and cooking local meal. Besides, you will spend time in floating market of Cai Be, the ancient house and traditional handicraft workshop of making products from fruits as well as listen to the intangible cultural heritage site of Vietnam. The tour is more fascinated when you meet and talk to local people to understand more about their culture values and their Mekong lifestyle. Surely, you will have an unforgettable experience in our Mekong two-day tour at home-stay.
- Visiting Tan Phong Island – Cai Be, one of the most abundant fruit gardens of Mekong river
- Learning more about the local culture and life of Mekong people by staying at their home-stay and working with them
- Joining the local activities of rowing boat, plucking fruits, taking care for fruit gardens and trying doing the handicraft products under the guidance of local people
- Experiencing one night home-stay surrounded by the lush orchards
- Enjoying the local food with Mekong specialties
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Homestay (L/D)
You will be transfer from Ho Chi Minh City downtown to Cai Be district on morning. Arriving in Cai Be, you will be welcomed by the hospitable smile of the host and invited some fresh fruits before embarking on boat to visit Cai Be Floating Market and traditional handicraft villages. You’ll have an opportunity to talk to the sellers on their boats. The boat will then lead you to the home-stay on Tan Phong Island for checking-in and having lunch.
In the afternoon, local host will lead you to his orchards where you can learn how to take care for the garden and how to pluck the ripen fruits as the host does every day.
In the late afternoon, you will visit the vegetable garden and gather the vegetables for your dinner.
You yourself will prepare your own dinner with the help of local host.
Stay overnight at the home-stay.
Day 2: Mekong Homestay – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
- Hotel pickup & drop off from/to Ho Chi Minh city
- Local English speaking guide
- All meals as mentioned
- Welcome drink and local fruit
- Boat, rowing boat
- All Entrance Fees
- Healthy Vietnamese Luncheon with local people.
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary