Mekong Delta Cai Be – 3 Day Tour
Our three day tour to discover the treasure of the Mekong Delta is highly recommended for those who wish to know more about the values of Mekong region, including the natural landscape, local people and traditional culture. By using small boat, bicycle and even motorbike, you will have chance to explore Mekong your own way. You will particularly spend two leisure days at peaceful home-stay surrounded by lush orchards and fresh air. Join us and you will surely have a wonderful holiday in Mekong.
- Visiting Mekong Delta (Tan Phong Island – Cai Be district), one of the most abundant fruit gardens of Mekong river
- Exploring the culture and lifestyle of Mekong people by talking to local people during the visit to the Cai Be inland and floating markets, Cao Dai Temple Cai Be, Cai Be Cathedral and traditional handicraft workshops
- Joining activities of riding bicycle, rowing boat and doing the handicraft products under the guidance of local host
- Experiencing the “ditch fishing hook” on Mekong canals with local people
- Staying two nights at Mekong Homestay surrounded by many orchards
- Tasting local foods of Mekong specialties such as honey, elephant ear fish, rambutan, water coconut and mango, etc. .
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta (L/D)
Depart from Ho Chi Minh city on morning then head to Mekong Delta in Cai Be, Tien Giang. After 2:30 hours on road you will reach to Cai Be town. You will be hospitably welcome by local people and invited some Mekong’s specialty of fresh tropical fruits plucking from their own orchards.
Embarking on boat at Cai Be pier and transferring to a home-stay on Tan Phong Island for check-in and relaxing time. The host will introduce you the family members, the fruit gardens along with the daily activities. Next, you will have lunch with the family host.
In the afternoon, the local host will lead you to the gardens, introduce you many kinds of fruits and tell you how to take care for the orchards. You can pluck the fruits by yourself. Afterwards, you will stop at Bonsai garden and learn how to make a bonsai tree.
Later, you will gather vegetables at the garden and prepare for dinner with local host. Having dinner and staying overnight at Mekong Delta homestay.
Day 2: Mekong Rustic – Cai Be Centre (B/L/D)
Waking up in the early morning, having a light breakfast and then embarking on boat to visit Cai Be Floating Market, where you will buy some tropical fruits and talk to the sellers right on their boats to know more about the trading life of local people in the Mekong floating markets.
Following the visit to Cai Be floating market, you will disembark for starting cycling around Cai Be town. Our guide will lead you to the Cao Dai Temple Cai Be, the Cai Be Cathedral to help you explore more the religious life of local people here. Next, our stops will be the Ba Kiet ancient house and the handicraft workshop of making biscuits and candies from fruits.
Returning to the boat for heading to Tan Phong Island. Enjoying lunch at Mekong Restaurant.
The afternoon of the 2nd day tour is spent for a cycling tour to visit Tan Phong island. If it is on schooldays, You will visit kinder garden if it is school day. Stopping at a local farmer’s house to learn how to make Jackfruit leafs cake and then cycling to Bonsai garden and talking to him to understand how local farmers take care for their gardens, then try plucking the fruits and tasting them.
Coming back for taking part in a cooking class. Dinner will be served then.
Relaxing over night at Mekong home-stay.
Day 3: Mekong Rustic – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
You will be set the 3rd morning off for taking a stroll around the home-stay to visit the fruit gardens as well as to talk to local people.
You will also spend the morning on visiting the Mekong canals on a hand-rowing boat. The small boat will lead you travel through the tiny canals of Mekong to reach the mysterious and hidden spots.
Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City at 14:30.
The three day tour to the Mekong Delta ends here.
- Hotel pickup & drop off from/to Ho Chi Minh city
- Local English speaking guide
- All meals as mentioned
- Welcome drink and local fruit
- Accommodation in Mekong Rustic homestay
- Boat, rowing boat
- All Entrance Fees
- Healthy Vietnamese Luncheon with local people
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary